Terms & Conditions
1. The #MyLifewithCUCKOO Contest will run from 17 May 2019 to 31 August 2019 (“Contest Period”). Cuckoo International (MAL) Sdn. Bhd. (“Organiser”) reserves the right to shorten or extend the Contest Period without prior notice. All entries received outside the Contest Period shall be automatically disqualified.
2. This contest is open to all registered CUCKOO Malaysia customers who have purchased CUCKOO water purifier, air purifier, multi-cooker and/or kitchen range only from the Organiser from 14 October 2014 until 31 August 2019. This contest is not open to the employees, agents and immediate families of the Organiser, including its affiliated and/or related companies, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies. Persons below 18 years of age may participate in this contest only if the written consent of their parent or legal guardian is obtained and by participating in this contest such consent shall deemed to have been obtained. The award of any prizes in this contest shall be subject to the production of the written consent to the Organiser and the Organiser reserves the right not to award any prizes furnished in this contest in the event such written consent is not produced.
3. To participate in the contest:
a. Participants must snap a creative photo of their CUCKOO product.
b. Upload the photo to ANY ONE (1) of your social media account: Facebook, Instagram OR Twitter.
c. Include a caption of not more than fifty (50) words about how CUCKOO impacted your life. Captions in English, Bahasa Malaysia, Chinese and Tamil are accepted.
d. Post it with #MyLifewithCUCKOO and set your post to public throughout the Contest Period.
e. Each participant is allowed to send more than one (1) entry for the contest.
4. Winners’ selection:
a. Ten (10) participants with the most creative photo and caption will be shortlisted as finalists.
b. The ten (10) finalists will be invited to Klang Valley to participate in a final event to determine their prize. The final event is scheduled on October/ November 2019. All travel costs and personal expenses incurred in participating in the event will be borne by the finalists. If unable to attend, finalist is allowed to send a representative with written consent.
c. The Organiser will send a private message to the finalists’ social media account used to participate in the contest. The finalists are required to reply with their full name as per NRIC, NRIC number and contact number within 5 working days. The Organiser will not be held liable in the event the finalists could not be private messaged or fail to reply to the Organiser before the deadline for whatever reasons.
5. Contest prizes:
a. Grand Prize x 1: Hyundai Ioniq worth RM99,448.00 plus a CUCKOO product.
b. Consolation Prize x 9: One (1) CUCKOO product worth minimum RM2,500.00 each.
c. Each finalist is allowed to win only one (1) prize throughout the Contest Period.
d. The Grand Prize does not include insurance, registration fee and road tax, whereby such costs shall be borne by the winner. The Organiser reserves the right to change the colour of the car to another colour.
e. The Consolation Prizes must be claimed at winner’s own expense during the final event. All unclaimed prizes will be forfeited by the Organiser after the event.
f. The participant is required to produce a proof of identity during or prior to prize redemption for purposes of verification. The only forms of proof of identity accepted by the Organiser are Malaysian Identity card and Driver’s license. A failure to provide any proof of identity entitles the Organiser to disqualify the participant/winner.
g. The Organiser reserves the right to substitute any prize with that of similar value at any time without prior notice. All prizes are not transferable, refundable or exchangeable in any other form for whatever reason. The value of the prize is correct at the time of printing. All prizes are given on an “as is” basis.
6. By entering into the contest and submitting an entry, participants confirm that the photo entered is their own.
7. Any photo deemed inappropriate or unsuitable for the contest, in the Organiser’s sole discretion, will be disqualified from the contest. An inappropriate and unsuitable entry includes, but is not limited to:
a. Pornographic entries, obscene, sexual, profane, lewd, nudity or otherwise offensive entry;
b. Political content or propaganda;
c. Entries showing car license plates, phone numbers or personal addresses;
d. Derogatory characterisations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups;
e. Any third party materials that may otherwise violate or infringe (or may infringe) copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased or entity, or is otherwise objectionable.
8. All photos submitted are non-returnable. Photos of all the prize winners cannot be used in any publication or advertisement without the prior approval of the Organiser.
9. The Organiser and the companies involved in this contest shall not be held liable in any way for delays, non-deliveries and/or interruptions of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter messages sent or received and shall not be held responsible for any unauthorised use of the mobile phone or subscriber’s account in conjunction with the contest.
10. The Organiser is not responsible or liable for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, unauthorised access to, or alteration of, user or member communications, or any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet and/or websites.
11. Participants shall assume full liability and responsibility in case of any accident, injury, damage or claim resulting from participation in this contest.
12. By participating in this contest, the participants agree that the Organiser may use the participants’ entries, photos, video, name provided and/or any statement made by them concerning the contest and/or the prizes for future advertising and publicity purposes in connection with the contest in any and all media without additional compensation, notification or permission. By submitting the entries for this contest, all participants agree and acknowledged that all intellectual property rights thereto shall belong to the Organiser.
13. The Organiser collects personal identifiable information to provide services or to correspond with the participant. This information is stored in a manner appropriate to the nature of the data by the Organiser and is used to fulfil the participant’s request(s). By submitting the participant’s personal information, the Organiser deems that permission is given to the Organiser and/or its authorised agents to use this information for the purpose of present and future marketing and promotional purposes and to improve its products and services. If the participant informs the Organiser via the Careline at 1800 88 8181 that the above information should not be used as a basis for further contact, the Organiser will respect the participant’s request. The participant’s information will not be provided or shared with other company for their use.
14. By participating in this contest, participants agree to be bound by the official Terms and Conditions and decisions of the Organiser.
15. The Organiser reserves the right to amend, delete or add to these Terms and Conditions without any prior notice at any time and the participants shall be bound to such changes. For the latest Terms and Conditions, refer to the Organiser’s Facebook page.
16. Organiser’s decision is final. Any correspondence pertaining to the decision made by the Organiser will not be entertained.